the joy of lidl

a blog about lidl tasting

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Happy Ocean

As an afternoon snack Lesley and I nipped along to the Newington Lidl to purchase some sweets. We were going to review the classic 'vitamin friends'. But alas there were none to be had.

So we plumped for these 'Happy Ocean' extra sour sweets. They are small fished shaped sweets, which are sugar coated. They are specially produced for Lidl, so I assume you can't get them elsewhere. They retail at 59p.

They are great! Really quite sour which makes you squirm a bit on your first bite. I like sucking them so all the sugar comes off, or just biting their heads off first. They come in three colour combinations (the head and body are different colours) - white+yellow, orange+yellow, green+yellow.

If you don't like sour sweets stay clear! I however love them. But be warned! The back of the pack has this warning that I did not heed:

Excessive consumption may include laxative effects

opps......

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

happy ocean are delicious. disappointingly the sourness fades after the first couple of fish - they need to be even more sour if you ask me.

2:56 pm  
Blogger Paul the Great said...

I wasn't able to find any Vitamin Friends at the Brettell Lane branch of Lidl either, so I too have fallen back on "Trolli Mini Burger". Review to follow!

9:10 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

i tried the east kilbride lidl on my way back from glasgow today - no vitamin friends in sight. we should start a campaign...

7:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home